We had a fun, relaxing weekend in Leavenworth. We have been going there for Ice Festival weekend since Jake was a baby. It's a great little getaway to escape the January blues. This is what the little town looks like when you drive into it at night. They still have all their Christmas lights up!

Jake and Charley enjoyed playing checkers in the lobby, basketball, pingpong, and of course doing the polar dip in the outdoor pool!
Walking through town- the Broadbents, Allie, Charley and his other wife Dianne
They have a great tubing hill with a rope tow that takes you up on your tube!
Charley helping himself to the pretzel tree
The annual "picture in the lobby sled". I'll have to try to find one from our first year there.
This is the balcony where the old man blows the huge long horn every morning! But I'm not usually awake that early.
Time to go home!
On the way home we stopped at Snoqualmie Falls. It was such a beautiful day, and the tempature there was 60! It felt like spring after being in freezing cold Leavenworth!
The last time we came here Savannah was not even 1 year old
Of course Allie needed her picture taken with her Happy Meal dog!
3 comments:
The picture of the town is beautiful! I remember when we lived there and people would talk about going to Leavenworth, and I used to wonder why they wanted to go to a place named after a prison... now I know why.
Ok, your right, we should have followed you to Snoqualmie Falls!!
You've been going there since before Jake was a baby because Hannah and Mckenna were bareley two when we went.
:)Kirsten
Post a Comment