Sweet Baby Miles

Sweet Baby Miles

Monday, October 6, 2008

Are You ALONE???

I just thought I'd share this story of what a fun husband I have. So last week, late on Saturday night, me and 2 friends were going to go to the church to set up the display table for Super Saturday. Charley was chaperoning a dance at the stake center. The other girls were on their way (I thought) to the church, and I live just down the street, so I thought I'd head over and start getting the table ready. So I go into the building (alone, and yes, I know that's a no no). It is kind of creepy late at night. So I'm setting up the table in the hall and all the sudden the bell rings! At first I thought it was the fire alarm, but then realized it's the bell they ring when it's time to change classes. The bell that someone pushes down by the bishop's office. So that means that someone is in the building!

I call Charley's cell phone and ask where he is. He says he's just leaving the stake center. I ask him if the bell ever rings by itself- he says no, am I there by myself? You know your not supposed to be there alone, he says. The bell rings again! He swears it's not him, and then I can hear his truck radio in the background, so I go into my relief society closet and lock the door. I make him keep talking to me while he is driving to our building. By now I'm just a little FREAKED OUT and thinking I'm going to get in trouble for being there alone when they find my body in the r.s. closet.
So he finally gets there, at the same time as my two friends. I let myself out of the closet and try to get him to confess that it was him. He said he had to go home and get his church keys. My two friends say that yes, they just passed him pulling out of our street heading toward the church. WHATEVER! At least now I'm safe and the mystery bell ringer psyco is gone.

Then a few days later, when I'm finally telling the bishop about this "funny" story, he tells me there is an outside bell that can be rung without going inside. Like if your driving by and see your wifes car there and want to scare her but don't have your keys. BUSTED! That explains how my sweet loving husband scared me to death!

And I will get him back....

2 comments:

Katie said...

That's so funny Suzanne! I would have locked myself in the closet too!

MissMel said...

You were very smart to lock yourself in the closet. I wouldn't have thought of that. I probably would have went for a kitchen cupboard. That, Charley.