We decided last minute to go camping this past weekend, before they close the Hood Canal Bridge. We ended up at the Dungeness Recreation Area in Sequim, a place we haven't been to for years. It was SO BEAUTIFUL! I had forgotten how pretty it is up there at the Dungeness Spit. The spit is a five mile long sand bar that has a light house at the end.
The nights got a little cold, luckily the heat was working in the lovely old trailer! But the days were sunny and beautiful.
Starting the hike down to the spit
Charley's weekend therapy- making feng shui rock towers, an art he learned in Mexico.
Allie loved climbing on all the driftwood
And making forts with it!
Charley, Jake, and friends hiked the 5 miles out to the lighthouse, then 5 miles back- good job guys!


Love this sign at the lighthouse- Welcome to Serenity - then it's back to Reality.
Charley at the top of the lighthouse.
This was the most beautiful trail! You could ride your bike all along the bluff, with amazing views of the ocean and sunsets.
Look at the cool tree behind us, blown that shape from the wind.
We loved those sunsets over the ocean!
The next day, Charley having more therapy. 
2 comments:
Looks like lots of fun! Those are really pretty pics. Tell your family hi. Now I know what to get Charley for his birthday.
Can you believe it was 13 years ago I was last there.(I think) Sooooo pretty!
We miss everything and you!
Kirsten
Post a Comment